Saturday 13 October 2012

2363 Diary October 11th 2012 Planting Spring Bulbs and new printer


It 7.15 am on Thursday October 11th, the day my new printer should arrive but it will be remembered as the day I finished reading The Snack Thief the first Montalbano novel televised in the UK on BBC Channel Four in Italian with subtitles, well remembered as a TV production and which made all subsequent televised novels and tellescripts by their author Andrea Camilleri must see viewing and which confirms this as a great writer of a great book and where I have already acquired all those published
to date in English and will now read to ensure this is not a one off. I have since completed the first part of the writing but the second is taking longer than planned

It was a troubled night in that after going to bed and sleep well before midnight I woke regularly in short spends until waking not tired around four and reading the final chapters of the book for the next two hours without making notes. I am hungry after playing five games of level three chess to game 20 and five more games of Free Cell now well into the 8300 games although the latest runs of wins remains in the lower hundred .The Free cell has continued successfully to over 8400 but level three chess continues to trouble me as it has done in the past.

I will breakfast quickly, check if a delivery slot for the printer has been settled, and plan the rest of the day and then attempt to write up the novel in two or three sections as well as creating a Montalbano Blog as with Le Carré and in the future Wallander.

09.10. I am ready to go out while it is still fine with rain forecast for later and having checked the printer is due for delivery this afternoon between 14 40 and 15.40. I am going to collect the new answer phone system from Argos and to get more bulbs. I enjoyed an early breakfast of a large brown of nut and fruit cereal and a cup of coffee. I have started to rewritten first part of a Blog on the Snack Thief but on return will first complete the Blog for yesterday and then the first part on the Montalbano and then while keeping up to date I must also continue the diary for last weekends visit to the Midlands) I have failed to do this a week afterwards).

10.30 I have returned home from an excellent shop for the new answer phone/mobile where all I had to do is touch screen in the reserve code numbers and the use the credit card for the purchase, waited a few minutes at the counter for the new equipment to arrive. The phone batteries need charging up which take 15 hours and these will automatically recharge. I will later read the instructions and ensure the system is working, at least test the ring system and the other extensions with ordinary landline phone attached.

13.00 I have now planted out the additional bulbs in pots and trays. I purchased 24 Daffodils £2 which have been planted 4 to the large pots. 55 bulbs of Alliums Molly has been planted in to seeds trays and covered in the garage shelving together with 10 larger bulbs of Allium Mixed. I now have sixteen scented Hyacinths which are planted in contained pots which means they can be brought in doors without the need for addition trays to avoid water spillage, These are on the breakfast table in the garage although the plan is to sue the table next year for there is good spell of weather There are 20- Anemone De Caen Mixture in another compartmentalised seed tray and 20 Chindoxa Lucilaea in another tray. There is also a mixture of 32 Crocus in two trays. I have 40 summer flowering blue bells still to plant have used the composts purchased to the broad bean bags which were of moderate.

13.35 I had a light lunch of tomatoes including a couple small ripe home grown with mushrooms on toast for lunch with some of the inexpensive grapes which are no more than OK. The top news item again features allegations against Jimmy Saville. As the scandal worsens. In the post was cleverly package from Compare the Meerkats organisation announce further Meerkat Toys are available through Compare the Market. The bulking letter is stamped most Official document. The bank statement shows that more money went into the account than out over the period covered. However I remain concerned about the debt position over the next two years and the balance to be struck with regular and special expenditure.

16.00 The new Cannon printer has arrived and next hour was spent unpacking and setting up. It the classiest model I have owned to date. When the Cartridges are inserted one end lights up to confirm they are operating/ Photos are printed at the back of the machine while copy paper is inserted in an under tray. There is also a view screen and overall I am impressed and the more expensive cartridges are worthwhile. I will order a supply tomorrow and arrange for returns of the unused Lexmark cartridges.

17.00 Watched a group off young people travel to Indonesia and attempt to work a shift at one of the large clothing manufacturers in the Far East with 10000 employees turning out hundreds of lines in their millions. The work is hard with high quality essential and the group has great difficulty adjusting. They are also all horrified by the living conditions in terms of space available, cleanliness and food availability as well as water. It should have a positive effect on them and tea time viewers for which the programme is intended.

I will prepare a meal now and watch the first episode of Hunted with the second episode at 9 and then stay up if I an for Question Time and the Politics This Week.

(I will write separately about Hunted which has not lived up to expectations given that the production team was responsible for Spooks and cover political matter on Sunday although Andrew Marr has competition this weekend as I shall come to.

18.00 I have printed uploaded and printed out Blogs over past two days including album editions and checked emails. It is now time for stir fry using the rest of the chicken and prepared with noodles as side dish. For lunch I had tomatoes and mushrooms on toast.



I fell asleep during This week but there was some important issued covered and in Any Questions beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment