Thursday 30 May 2013

2450 End of May 2013 notes

I made a mistake and thought this would be my 2500 piece of writing since I commenced to publish aspects of my experience as Artmanjosephgrech first on AOL in their community series, and then on My Space and then Google. I was concerned that I it would not have an epic quality until I remembered it was only 2450 and I have another 50 to go before the 2500 edition. Silly me.

It is the 30th May and the rain has fallen this morning as it did yesterday and it remains drab and cold although an hour and a half at Wii Fit and Sports has warned me up and got me in the mood to write, a little,

I am not in the mood to take a prolonged stock of the progress in the Artman 101 project or in its ambitious components. What I must record is that in achieving a more balanced life which takes account of the use of the Sleep Apnoea Treatment machine, the Wii Sports and Fit programmes, my continuation of membership of Durham Cricket Club in the so called summer months as well as maintaining a good level of family and other trips and participation in other sport and cultural events, the hours of my 101 project working day have significant reduced with some days almost no activity other than reflection and planning.

A 2500 work does provide the opportunity to consider aspects of my life over a longer timescale than usual. At present I remain content to give priority to new experience and if I ever get back to writing about my life in the form of a book the title Experience Junkie come to mind although my preference is a work writing to Laurence Otter on the more serious and more subjects of my life. The priority is of course to commence the updating of records since several months records was lost when I blew up the desktop following the sudden loss of electrical power in the Street. I hate repeating work completed and this is the numb of the problem.

So after a reminder of what I have been doing since the return from London I will concentrate on Sport.

I am managing to keep an average of 8.3 hours use of the Sleep Apnoea machine having reached 8,4 earlier in the month and over 250 hours for the thirty days and if I keep this up for another couple of days this will show an average in crease of .2 hours over the average for last month. However the quality of sleep is not as good with many wakings some nights and I have felt tired after meals with the drive to work lost muck quicker than recent experience. I have used he machine every night for at least 6 hours since September of last year.

I have also done less exercise at home over the month of May with almost no Wii Fit balance board activity, weighing in with the associated activities and then switching to the Sport programme where I enjoy the challenge. At present I am concentrating on being Artman 102 and attempting to become professional at three hole close having reached over 950 for the first time of any character. As with two other characters I have become professional at Bowling and at present have reached a rating of 1175 with the aim to achieve 1200 or more.

I have only reached the 600s in Boxing suffering two knock outs to date and having to fight hard three round contests including one on points win for the first time. In Tennis similarly the barrier appears to be 750 while in baseball the 500 to 600’s appear to be my limit. I have gained seven bronze medals in the training section and reduce my age to a fitness level of 27, keeping it under 30 for over one week. I will record the high achieved at the end of he months and then change characters and propose to do so on a monthly basis but without increasing the number of characters already registered. I also aim to restart the Balance Board activities in order to register 100 hours of use having 81 and half hours todate.

The daily leafleting had a great impact on weight and I touched 16 stone briefly one morning with hope of getting the weight down to 15 and half by the November Consultant’s visit at the Freeman. However I eased off on the London trip with ice creams, cakes, bread, the buffet lunch and two other good meals the Sunday half Roast chicken and bangers and mash and the two cartons of chips. On return I been inclined to continue with one seven bar pack of Snickers, some Twix cricket match orientated and several packets of peanuts. I have now said stop although not having anything sweet while working at home is proving a great challenge.

I enjoyed roast chicken on Sunday followed by the Curry and then the Stir Fry, alternating with a rack of ribs in barbecue sauce £3 frozen, with lamb and pork, fish remaining the mainstay. I have used up all the sprats which deep friend in batter and bread crumbs add to the fat increase as does the use of Pâté on toast or in rolls with pimento stuffed olives for a tea regular however I restarted to use lettuce and make up prawn on shell and egg salads, but not every day with beans and spaghetti options plus three home baked mini rolls, usually fro the cricket with cheese and pickle, Italian salami and the pate as fillings.

The weather continues be poor to awful with one great warm day at the cricket and a similar day over the Bank holiday although the sun faded around 4 whereas at the cricket it had been blue sky from after dawn until sunset. I managed to get out to back and did a good clean up removing the bulbs that have finished and which flowered moderately. The hyacinths were great and some daffodils but the tulips disappointed. Asda had some plants suitable for my baskets, pots and trays at three packs of four to six plants for £5 and I have purchased 9 packs in total. The disappointment was the broad beans carried over from last year where only one has grown to a plant and the tomatoes from seed. Given the weather and that I am away three times in September with single visits in July and August I am taking a lot key approach to the back this year.

I continue to put off basic household chores but on Friday week an engineer called to maintain the heating systems having reported beforehand that I was having problems with getting hot water and quickly departed saying that I needed a plumber which he arranged to come this morning Monday May 20th. However it was an experienced engineer who came and spent at an hour in diagnosing the problem and providing a solution so that I now have hot water on demand in a way better than at any time than in the past. It was necessary to dismantle the boiler and the door does not fit properly since which is irritating but I can live with. Today the Water company sent an agent to assess the property for the installation of a water meter which is to be located outside the rear wall close to the mains key. Now to sport but in a separate piece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment